List Construction and Synergy. To maximize my Imperial Fists, I ran a dual-detachment setup. My main force used the Anvil Siege Force, which allowed me to deploy my Primaris Intercessors with much greater aggression. For support, I brought in a smaller detachment, the Librarius Conclave. This combo was incredibly effective, especially when pairing a larger unit of Hellblasters with a Librarian—the battlefield synergy was downright brutal.
Adapting to the Future. With the impending Space Marine Codex on the horizon, I decided to future-proof my list. I retired my Scouts and former Razorback, opting to deploy my previous Tactical Marines as Primaris Intercessor proxies. I also added Librarians to the list. For now, I’ve kept the legended Stormtalon Gunship, simply because I don’t have replacement models ready yet—but the core shift toward standard Primaris profiles is well underway.
Mission Specialization. The biggest standout for me is the new mission system featuring around 15 asymmetrical scenarios, driven by "Forced Dispositions." Depending on the detachment you choose, you get access to specific tactical strategies that shape how you play. Adam ran a "Purge the Foe" disposition focused on aggression and attrition, while I opted for "Take and Hold" to prioritise objective controle. I love that this allows you to build your army around a dedicated playstyle rather than relying on a generic, all-comers approach.
Tactical Terrain. The new terrain rules are a step forward. While I sometimes miss the highly varied, chaotic battlefields of 4th to 7th edition, the current layout footprints are much more stable than 10th. Most importantly, I love that cover now provides a negative to hit modifier rather than an armor save buff. It feels far more realistic and adds a great tactical incentive for positioning units carefully, even if I found myself occasionally forgetting to apply the modifier during the heat of the game.
The Pace of Play. Right from turn one, the flow felt different. The new mechanics streamline the decision-making process without losing the tactical depth we love. Movement felt more deliberate, and I found the way stratagems and abilities are integrated keeps the momentum going without bogging the game down in constant rule-checking.
Command and Tactics. The updated system for soring primary missions feels much more rewarding. It forces you to make tough choices about when to push your advantage rather than relying on simple killing the foe. Managing my forces felt more like a test of adaptability.
Game Highlights: Holding the Line. In our match, Adam’s Necrons were well-hidden early on, forcing me to play a patient first turn posturing for objectives rather than pushing for a premature engagement. The tactical difference, however, came down to my updated units. Upgrading from Tactical Marines to Intercessors was a massive power shift across the board. The highlight of the game was seeing my Hellblasters, supported by the Librarians, completely neutralize the threat of the Silent King on my left flank for the entire match.
My Verdict. Overall, the transition brings a fresh energy to the tabletop. It feels like a leaner, smarter version of the game that rewards smart positioning and resource management. I’m looking forward to getting many more games in and exploring the new meta.
No comments:
Post a Comment